Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 3

Today, my third day with The Move Project was a relatively short day. I was at The Move Project just half of the day, then I went to meet with Parish about a new product my company has been working on. This new website we've been working on is called TweachMe. TweachMe is a tool similar to twitter, but is only for students and teachers to use. It works by teachers signing up and posting homework assignments and notes about the class. Then, the students would sign up for the service and follow the teachers and they'd be able to have all of their homework and assignments right in one news feed and not have to surf through 6 different sites just to check up on the homework. We're in the early stages of building it and developing a business plan, it was nice to get some ideas from a school on what they're looking for and what needs to be added.

But before I left for school, I followed Ryan while he worked on a professional golfer, I was able to get a lot of advice about playing professional sports and what it takes to be successful, it was very interesting.

After that, Ryan's marketing director and branding manager came in. Chris, he was the marketing and branding manager at Neiman Marcus for 10 years before starting his own consulting group. I talked with him about some potential projects and some collaborations with some of his current clients. He also talked to me about how to talk with clients and how to talk with new potential clients and that you should always be straight forward and blunt with them, they'll appreciate it more. This will help me bring in more clients for the business I run and Chris is a great contact to have in the real business world and in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment